Systems Analyst - Tier 1 (Junior)
You will provide direct support to our clients and SIRKit’s internal systems through a variety of technical tasks. The position requires you to take a collaborative team approach to plan, design, deploy, monitor, maintain, diagnose, and support Client PCs and some Server equipment in a variety of environments.
This position reports to a technical lead working in the trenches with you. On a day-to-day basis you are accountable to your team members, clients, and co-workers to achieve results.
- Assemble and pre-configure PC, server, and storage equipment.
- Perform Windows Upgrades on PCs, and regular maintenance and monitoring processes to ensure the health of systems.
- Setup and support local and offsite backup solutions, wireless solutions for small and major buildings, single edge security appliances, and network switching.
- Migrate entire organizations to cloud services (e.g. 365, virtual servers, etc.), as well as new domains and servers.
- Address day-to-day issues identified by our systems or team.
- Support end-users with a variety of issues from desktop through infrastructure.
- Document processes and solutions into our knowledgebase.
- Identify weaknesses in client systems that should be addressed rather than left alone.
- Assist the entire technical team with minor and major upgrades, and whatever tasks are required to support our customers and our internal systems.
• A car and a valid driver’s license to travel within Alberta.
• You must be able to travel throughout Canada and the US for training and work, (i.e. Canadian Citizen with Valid Passport.)
• The ability to keep SIRKit and client information private and confidential at all times.
Qualifications, Experience and Competence:
- Microsoft Server Certification (MCP or higher)
- 2+ years professional experience:
- Working with and repairing PCs
- Installing, configuring, and supporting recent Windows Operating Systems (Windows 7, 8, 10)
- Setting up Routers and Wireless
- Setting up, deploying, joining, and supporting PCs in an active-directory environment
- Exceptional verbal and written English communication skills that you will use to communicate with clients, co-workers and vendors. You must be able to speak to individuals, small and large groups with ease, and more importantly, using plain language that they can understand.
- Strong time and project management, as well as organizational skills; which you will use to manage day-to-day tasks and long-term projects, ensuring you complete things on time and on budget.
- Accurate data entry, typing, and word processing skills to keep up with the demands of the job…a minimum of 50 accurate wpm is required, including correct spelling and appropriate grammar.
- Critical Thinker
- Passionate About Technology
A Typical Day:
There is no “typical day” at SIRKit, however our working hours are generally 8 am to 5 pm, with overtime as required to deliver projects on time and budget, and to meet service standards for client tickets. You will work in a team to manage assigned clients and provide quick resolution to issues; with moderate supervision initially, and minimal supervision as time goes by. A majority of your work will be done at the office; however, you will travel to client sites in Western Canada and to our co-location/cloud facility in a major Tier 3 datacenter in Edmonton as required. We follow a casual professional dress code.
Salary is $50,000 to $60,000 per year, with two weeks’ vacation to start, and three after the first year of employment. You can participate in the benefit program after successful completion of probation, and we provide five (5) personal/sick days per year. You have access to regular peer learning and other professional development opportunities, including loads of Microsoft and VMWare licensing to train with. You will work in a modern office with fiber internet services, an open concept design, collaboration areas, boardroom, 2-3 displays per tech, loads of tools and toys including fancy noise cancelling headphones for music and phone services, and a fully equipped kitchen. Most important are the DQ Fridays, regularly scheduled Wild n’ Crazy team building activities and outings, and annual trips.
Apply Now:Send your resume to email@example.com