Network & Server Analyst - Tier 2 (Intermediate)
You will provide direct support to our clients and to SIRKit’s internal systems, by completing a variety of technical tasks, and take a collaborative team approach to plan, design, deploy, monitor, maintain, diagnose, and support Server and Network infrastructure in a variety of environments.
This position reports to our service management. On a day-to-day basis you are accountable to your team members, clients, and co-workers to achieve results.
- Build and maintain Active-directory and VMWare virtual infrastructure.
- Migrate clients of all sizes to cloud services (e.g. 365, virtual servers, etc.), and new domains and servers.
- Implement new IPSEC and SSL VPN solutions for branch and remote access.
- Assemble and deploy new server and storage equipment.
- Setup and support solutions for local and offsite backup, wireless for small and large buildings, single or clustered edge security appliances, network switching, vlans, subnets and routing.
- Assist with new building design and setup (structured cabling, enclosures, cooling, etc.)
- Perform regular maintenance and monitoring processes to ensure the health of systems.
- Address day-to-day issues identified by our systems or team.
- Support end-users with a variety of issues from desktop through infrastructure.
- Manage and support projects with your assigned team(s).
- Perform audits/assessments to help calculate budgets and replacement costs.
- Assist with documenting processes or solutions into our knowledgebase.
- Design and build scripts to help automate tasks (powershell, Linux, php, labtech, etc.)
- Terminate, test, and certify structured cabling.
- Quote, setup, and deliver hardware and licensing, working with the sales team.
- Identify weaknesses in client systems, which must be addressed.
- Assist the entire technical team with whatever tasks are required to support our customers and our internal systems, including minor and major upgrades. This includes helping less experienced staff with escalations and training on all devices, and other technical teams when they are overloaded.
- A car and a valid driver’s license to travel within Alberta.
- You must be able to travel throughout Canada and the US for training and work, (i.e. Canadian Citizen with Valid Passport.)
- The ability to keep SIRKit and client information private and confidential at all times.
Qualifications, Experience and Competence:
- Microsoft Server Certification (MCP or higher)
- 5+ years professional experience setting up, deploying, joining, and supporting PCs in an active-directory environment.
- 4+ years professional experience:
- Working with and repairing Servers & PCs
- Working with RAID, iSCSI, and NAS equipment
- Installing, configuring, and supporting recent Windows Server Operating Systems (Windows 2003, 2003R2, 2008, 2008R2, 2012, 2012R2)
- Setting up, maintaining, and supporting Active Directory, Group-Policies, OUs, Security Groups, LDAP, DHCP, DNS, WSUS, IIS, Print Management, and VSS
- Using command-line and scripting (Powershell, Linux, Cisco, etc.
- 2+ years professional experience:
- Setting up VLANs, Subnets, Switching, Trunks/LAGs, and Wireless
- Security appliances (SSL, IPSEC, Monitoring, SNMP, SYSLOG, Certificates.)
- Exceptional verbal and written English communication skills that you will use to communicate with clients, co-workers and vendors. You must be able to speak to individuals, as well as small and large groups with ease, and more importantly, use plain language that they can understand.
- Strong time and project management, as well as organizational skills; which you will use to manage day-to-day tasks and long-term projects, ensuring you complete things on time and within budget.
- Accurate data entry, typing, and word processing skills to keep up with the demands of the job…a minimum of 50 accurate wpm is required, including correct spelling and appropriate grammar.
- Critical Thinker
- Passionate About Technology
A Typical Day:
There is no “typical day” at SIRKit, however our working hours are generally 8 am to 5 pm, with overtime as required to deliver projects on time and budget, and to meet service standards for client tickets. You will work in a team to manage assigned clients and provide quick resolution to issues; with moderate supervision initially, and minimal supervision as time goes by. A majority of your work will be done at the office; however, you will travel to client sites in Western Canada and to our co-location/cloud facility in a major Tier 3 datacenter in Edmonton as required. We follow a casual professional dress code.
Salary is $65,000 to $75,000 per year, with two weeks’ vacation to start, and three after the first year of employment. You can participate in the benefit program after successful completion of probation, and we provide five (5) personal/sick days per year. You have access to regular peer learning and other professional development opportunities, including loads of Microsoft and VMWare licensing to train with. You will work in a modern office with fiber internet services, an open concept design, collaboration areas, boardroom, 2-3 displays per tech, loads of tools and toys including fancy noise cancelling headphones for music and phone services, and a fully equipped kitchen. Most important are the DQ Wednesdays, regularly scheduled Wild n’ Crazy team building activities and outings, and annual trips.
Apply Now:Send your resume to email@example.com