About SIRKit and Client
SIRKit is a Managed Service Provider (MSP) established in 2007. We continually work to deliver an experience for our clients that rivals an internal IT department, at a fraction of the cost.
This position is for a SIRKit client who currently has a senior in-house resource but is growing and looking for a junior resource as well. SIRKit will conduct the interviewing and hiring for this position however the final placement will be directly with the client.
What does an average day look like?
This full-time opportunity in South-Edmonton will have you working with users across 15+ locations in Alberta. The scope of work will include everything from end-user incidents to project deployments. The majority of work can be completed remotely but on-site work does happen from time to time. You will be supported by a senior resource and SIRKit's technical team.
- Ready to start your work on time
- Available to work outside of business hours, as required
- Maintain a clean personal workspace and contribute to shared office tasks
- Escalate issues appropriately
- Look for and implement changes to prevent future mistakes
- Communicate effectively with users and coworkers, of varying personalities
- Remain calm and collected when faced with challenges.
- Follow best practices and implement supportable solutions
- Create tickets based on calls, emails, alerts and proactive discovery
- Maintain personal queue health
- Prioritize work appropriately
- Support and assist others with tickets and projects
- Complete client maintenance tickets and follow-up tasks in a timely manner
- Keep documentation up to date
- Document 'tribal knowledge', where possible
- Share undocumentable 'tribal knowledge' with the entire team
- 1-3 years of experience providing technical support to business customers
- Exceptional verbal and written English communication skills
- Experience with Windows 7 and 10 as well as
common productivity suites like Office
- A solid understanding of networking fundamentals including: IPV4, DHCP, DNS, Routing
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to complete continuous time-entry
- ConnectWise Manage/Automate experience
- Industry certifications
- Homelab experience
- Experience with virtual machines
using either ESXi or HyperV
Compensation and Benefits
- Staff earn three weeks vacation per year
- Staff are afforded five (5) personal/sick days per year
- Group benefits including health and dental
- Group Retirement Savings Plan
If you’re interested in this opporunity, we invite you to apply for this role by sending a cover letter and resume to Careers@SIRKit.pro.
No phone calls or drop-in applications, please.
SIRKit is an equal opportunity employer. Creativity, innovation, diversity and inclusion are cornerstones of our success.