SIRKit is a Managed Service Provider (MSP) established in 2007. We continually work to deliver an experience for our clients that rivals an internal IT department, at a fraction of the cost.
With offices in Edmonton, Kelowna, and Yellowknife and clients across North America, we are looking to grow our business over the coming years and become a national leader of Managed Services. Our mission is to build relationships with, be accountable to, and protect our partners with exceptional technology solutions.
We deliver efficient service by focusing on documented, repeatable processes and automation. The efficiency of our work allows us to deliver great value to our clients while compensating our team fairly. Our clients are accustomed to a friendly, outgoing and engaged experience, and every person on our team is responsible for maintaining that experience.
What type of people work for us?
Experience and education are important, but first and foremost we are looking for cultural fit. We work as a team and want to ensure candidates share our values. Our team is highly motivated and doesn’t settle for “OK” solutions, we want the best!
We have processes and procedures for the team to follow but we expect everyone to think critically and challenge the status quo when it’s not applicable or no longer makes sense. We hire great talent and expect them to be part of SIRKit’s growth. SIRKit wants to be part of our team’s growth too, and we have made coaching and training part of our culture.
What does an average day look like on SIRKit’s Level 1 team?
This full-time opportunity in our
South-Edmonton office will have you join our Level 1 team. Make no mistake,
this is not a “helpdesk” job. SIRKit’s Level 1 Technicians are an exceptional
team of techs who have a strong grasp of networking, great interpersonal skills
and the ability to regularly learn new products and technologies. The scope of
work will include everything from end-user incidents to project deployments.
The majority of our work is completed remotely but on-site work does happen
from time to time.
This position reports to our GM of HR and Education and provides
technical support to our clients across Canada and the US. The average work
week is 40 hours Monday to Friday with variable start times. Overtime and
travel within Canada are occasionally required by this position.
- Ready to start your work on time
- Coordinate coverage for lunch, breaks
and onsite visits with the team
- Track time continuously
- Submit timesheets and expenses weekly
- Available to work outside of business
hours, as required
- Maintain a clean personal workspace
and contribute to shared office tasks
- Escalate issues appropriately
- Accountable for mistakes made at
SIRKit, ensure they are promptly resolved
- Look for and implement changes to
prevent future mistakes
- Deliver feedback to coworkers and
graciously accept feedback
- Communicate effectively with clients
and coworkers, of varying personalities
- Remain calm and collected when faced
- Follow best practices and implement
- Create tickets based on Calls,
Emails, Alerts and proactive discovery
- Maintain personal queue health
- Prioritize work appropriately
- Support and assist L2 and L3 technicians
with other tickets/projects
- Complete client maintenance tickets
and follow-up tasks in a timely manner
- Keep client documentation up to
- Document 'tribal knowledge', where
Share undocumentable 'tribal knowledge' with the entire team
- 1-3 years of experience providing technical support to business customers
- Exceptional verbal and written English communication skills. SIRKit staff must be able to explain complex issues to our clients in simple terms
- Experience with Windows 7 and 10 as well as common productivity suites like Office
- A solid understanding of networking fundamentals including: IPV4, DHCP, DNS, Routing
- Flexibility to work with unique line-of-business applications specific to our clients’ needs
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to complete continuous time-entry
- Windows Server experience
- ConnectWise or similar ticketing
- Scripting experience
- Industry certifications
- Homelab experience
Compensation and Benefits
- SIRKit’s Level 1 Technicians earn
- Staff earn two weeks vacation in the
first year and three weeks vacation thereafter
- Staff are afforded five (5)
personal/sick days per year
- Group benefits including health,
dental and vision
- We host monthly training sessions and
provide other professional development opportunities, including video-based
- SIRKit’s office is stocked with a
full selection coffees, espresso and snacks for the team
- Multi-monitor setups, gigabit internet
- Team social events are scheduled 4-6
times per year
- SIRKit hosts an annual client appreciation event with staff
If you’re interested in joining SIRKit’s team, we invite you to apply for this role by sending a cover letter and resume to Careers@SIRKit.pro.
No phone calls or drop-in applications, please.
SIRKit is an equal opportunity employer. Creativity, innovation, diversity and inclusion are cornerstones of our success.