SIRKit is a Managed Service Provider (MSP) established in 2007. We continually work to deliver an experience for our clients that rivals an internal IT department, at a fraction of the cost.
With offices in Edmonton, Kelowna, and Yellowknife and clients across North America, we are looking to grow our business over the coming years and become a national leader of Managed Services. Our mission is to build relationships with, be accountable to, and protect our partners with exceptional technology solutions.
We deliver efficient service by focusing on documented, repeatable processes and automation. The efficiency of our work allows us to deliver great value to our clients while compensating our team fairly. Our clients are accustomed to a friendly, outgoing and engaged experience, and every person on our team is responsible for maintaining that experience.
What type of people work for
Experience and education are important, but first and foremost we are looking for cultural fit. We work as a team and want to ensure candidates share our values. Our team is highly motivated and doesn’t settle for “OK” solutions, we want the best!
We have processes and procedures for the team to follow but we expect everyone to think critically and challenge the status quo when it’s not applicable or no longer makes sense. We hire great talent and expect them to be part of SIRKit’s growth. SIRKit wants to be part of our team’s growth too, and we have made coaching and training part of our culture.
What does a day in the life
of a SIRKit Office Administrator look like?
We are looking for an Office Administrator for our south Edmonton office. This is a contract full time role for a 6- 12 month term with the potential for an extension. This position reports to our CEO and VP (also known as the Chief Troublemaker and The Technology Therapist) and supports the administrative side of our business. You’ll work a 40 hour week (Monday to Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm) with a bunch of creative, driven IT techs and will be accountable to your team members and our clients to achieve outstanding results.
We don’t have many “typical” days at SIRKit, but if we did your’s
would typically look something like this:
- Coordinate travel and accommodations
for the full SIRKit team.
- Manage product procurement and
receiving, product returns (RMA) and credits from the supplier.
- Handle product rebates, deal
registration, points, and reimbursements from the vendors.
- Manage shipping (couriers, Fedex,
Purolator, etc.) and ensure chargebacks are applied correctly.
- Order office supplies and consumables.
- Manage the ConnectWise system.
- Maintain the office interior look and
feel to make it as cozy and welcoming as possible.
- Maintain back
office paper filing systems
management and technicians as required.
- Administer the
employee benefits plan.
- Manage HR
system and assist with related tasks (documentation, scheduling, tracking, and
receptionist duties including answering and redirecting calls, taking messages,
manage four email accounts and greeting visitors.
- Draft and
distribute memos, letters, content write-ups.
- Prepare reporting
and analytics for management.
- Plan client
and staff events.
recommend and order SIRKit branded merchandise.
with external accounting firm.
Accounts Receivable including doing collections, preparing weekly AR report for
owners, processing customer payments (credit card, cheque, EFT) and process
auto debits as required.
- Generate and
send invoices to customers as soon as tickets are closed, and/or at month end.
- Print AP
invoices, attach packing slips, update/close purchase orders, get approval, and
post into QuickBooks.
review, and summarize technician hours, get approval, and process payroll
- Prepare monthly
financial statements, weekly cashflow, and general reporting for owners
- Manage the client onboarding processes.
- Manage and maintain client records.
- Provide administrative and customer
service related duties to our clients.
- Create, proof, edit, and send outbound
communications to our clients and the public.
- Promote personal and long-lasting
relationships with our clients.
- Escalate complaints or emergencies to
applicable senior management as needed.
- Proactively identify errors and
mistakes made on tickets by our technicians.
- Ensure technicians are submitting
required information on time (eg. Timecards, credit card statements, receipts).
- Manage holiday calendar and approvals.
- Take and publish meeting notes.
In a nutshell, this role does anything that
can help the owners focus on growing the company and our technicians to stay
attentive to our clients’ needs.
We're looking for someone who:
- Has a keen eye for finding and presenting great
- Is confident and outgoing in nature.
- Doesn’t shy away from challenges.
- Enjoys continually learning, and naturally does it
(even at home!).
- Loves “face time” with clients (internal and
external) as much as telephone or remote.
- Has strong verbal and written English.
- Can handle the stress that comes with technology
(and the people that use it!).
- Treats a client as if you’re working for your own
mother (careful now …)!
- Is willing to work extra to stay on top of your
- Takes pride in providing quality service.
What you bring to the table ...
- 4-6 years of
professional administrator (or equivalent) experience, with increasing
- 2-4 years of
professional experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint,
Publisher, and the latest version of Windows.
- 2+ years of
experience with finance.
experience is an asset.
attention to detail, checking your own work and that of technicians for 100%
verbal and written English communication skills that you will use to
communicate with clients, co-workers and vendors. You must be able to speak to
individuals, as well as small groups with ease, and more importantly, use plain
language that they can understand.
- You must also
be able to diplomatically and collaboratively work with technicians to ensure
deadlines are met.
organizational skills, which you will use to keep our team on track to deliver
on our service commitments.
- Accurate and
fast data entry / word processing skills; 60+ WPM
customer service skills, using phone and email to communicate effectively with
clients and ensure their needs are met and SIRKit’s standards are upheld.
ability to work effectively with all types of computer-based technology; able
to learn new technology quickly.
time management skills including the ability to recognize when overtime is
required to maintain your workload.
- SIRKit’s Office Administrators earn $50,000-$65,000
- Staff earn two weeks vacation in the first year and three weeks vacation thereafter
- Staff are afforded five (5) personal/sick days per year
- Group benefits including health, dental and vision
- We host monthly training sessions and provide other professional development opportunities, including video-based training.
- SIRKit’s office is stocked with a full selection coffees, espresso and snacks for the team
- Multi-monitor setups, gigabit internet
- Team social events are scheduled 4-6 times per year
- SIRKit hosts an annual client appreciation event with staff
If you’re interested in joining SIRKit’s team, we invite you to apply for this role by sending a cover letter and resume to Careers@SIRKit.pro.
No phone calls or drop-in applications, please.
SIRKit is an
equal opportunity employer. Creativity, innovation,
diversity and inclusion are cornerstones of our success.